Guillows B-17G Flying Fortress 1:28
Item Number: 2002
The B-17 lived up to its ôflying fortressö nickname during World War 2 when it penetrated deep into the Third Reich to blast German war production facilities. Bristling with machine guns, the ôGö version of the B-17 was a formidable opponent for enemy fighters being able to absorb extensive battle damage and still survive to deliver its bomb cargo on designated targets. Flown by the Eighth Air Force, the B-17G proved the feasibility of strategic daytime bombing at a time when the concept was questioned because of losses suffered from enemy defenses during the early war years. The superior combat record of the B-17 won it a deserved reputation as one of aviationÆs most successful bomber designs.
Wing Span: 45¥"
For Ages 14 and up
- Our shipping times are typically 24-48hrs from ordering during normal business hours.
- We use a Courier and Australia post as our agents. Please allow typical delivery times for your area.
- International shipping is priced per country, please check your cart before ordering.
- We are unable to ship Dangerous goods overseas.
- We are also limited by length of some parcels. Anything over 1.05m will need a specialist courier quote which we can provide.
- When adding items to your cart you can get a quote for shipping first before commiting to the order.