Balsa Usa Northstar Kit 44 Ws .40/.46Floatplane
Balsa USA Kit No. 455 Northstar Floatplane
Flying Boat Seaplane
Designed by Laddie Mikulasko, the Northstar is no ordinary float plane. The Northstar accelerates quickly on the water and lands slow and easy. Because of its design it will handle rough water better that any other model. Attach the included landing gear and fly it off land as well. In fact, it can be flown as is right off snow if you are so inclined! Once in the air, you will be surprised at how stable the model is and its speed. Fast and groovy, the Northstar just could become one of your favourite airplanes. The model can do any maneuver a conventional model can do - except spin. It will also do one maneuver that conventional model's can't do - a controlled vertical descent! The large delta wing plan form is very stable, yet is quick and agile.
- Full Size Rolled Plans and Instructions
- Jig and Diee cut parts
- Pre-bent Wire Landing gear
- Basic Hardware Package
- "One Piece" model that doesn't disassemble.
- ABS Plastic Cowl
- Wing Span: 44 Inches
- Wing Area: 750 sq. in.
- Wing Loading: 20-22 oz./sq. ft.
- Flying Weight: 6 1/2 - 7 lbs
- Fuselage Length: 54 innches
- Engine Size: .40-.46 2-Stroke
- Center of Gravity: 16 inches FORWARD of the aileron hinge line with fuel tank EMPTY.
- Control Throws:
- Elevator: 5/8 inch up and down.
- Rudder: 1-3/4 inches left and right.
- Ailerons: 3/4 inch up and down.
- Our shipping times are typically 24-48hrs from ordering during normal business hours.
- We use a Courier and Australia post as our agents. Please allow typical delivery times for your area.
- International shipping is priced per country, please check your cart before ordering.
- We are unable to ship Dangerous goods overseas.
- We are also limited by length of some parcels. Anything over 1.05m will need a specialist courier quote which we can provide.
- When adding items to your cart you can get a quote for shipping first before commiting to the order.