Balsa Usa Bristol M-1 Kit 60 Ws 40/60-46/90 4C
BALSA USA KIT NO. 436 BRISTOL M-1
To counter the Fokker scourge early in the First World War, the Bristol Aircraft Company secretly developed the M-1. It was quite revolutionary for its time. It had a wire braced wing without external struts and featured a single Vickers .303 Caliber Machine Gun which fired through the propeller, courtesy of the "appropriate" use of Fokker's interrupter gear mechanism. Our kit of this aircraft doesn't have all the international intrigue involved with the original , but it sure is a lot of fun! Construction is quick and easy. The round type fuselage is built using formers and stringers over a rectangular crutch which is simple to build, yet gives the illusion of complex scale construction. The flying qualities are superb. Slow, graceful flight and lazy aerobatics is where the Bristol is at it's best. We invite you to enjoy the flavor of a World War I model that builds quickly and easily and flies great!
British World War I Fighter
- Wing Span: 60 inches
- Wing Area: 650 sq. in.
- Wing Loading: 22 1/2 oz./sq. ft.
- Flying Weight: 6-6 3/4 lbs.
- Fuselage Length: 44 1/2 inches
- Engine Size: .40-.60 2-Stroke
.45-.65 4-Stroke Glow
- Cowl Diametre: 7 3/8 inches
Center of Gravity: 3-3/4 inches back from the leading edge of the Wing.
Elevator: 1/2 inch up and down.
Rudder: 1 inch left and right.
Ailerons: 1/2 inch up and down.
Aileron Differential: 1/2 inch up and 1/4 inch down (differential recommended).
Engine Thrust Line: 1-2 Degrees DOWN, 1 Degree RIGHT.
- Full size Rolled Plans
- Removable "1-piece" bolt on wings
- Pre-bent Wire Landing Gear
- Basic Hardware Package
- Jig & Die cut parts
- ABS Plastic Cowl
- Our shipping times are typically 24-48hrs from ordering during normal business hours.
- We use a Courier and Australia post as our agents. Please allow typical delivery times for your area.
- International shipping is priced per country, please check your cart before ordering.
- We are unable to ship Dangerous goods overseas.
- We are also limited by length of some parcels. Anything over 1.05m will need a specialist courier quote which we can provide.
- When adding items to your cart you can get a quote for shipping first before commiting to the order.