Balsa Usa 1/3 Sopwith Pup Kit 2743Mm Ws45Cc+
Balsa USA Kit No. 461 1/3 Sopwith Pup 2743mm SP
On February 9, 1916, Herbert Smith's small 80 hp single seat "Fighting Scout" Passed its acceptance tests and was cleared for production by the Sopwith Aviation Co. LTD. The Sopwith Pup sow combat on every major front of World War I and performed almost every duty asked of a combat aircraft. Along with the Pup's combat success, it was also a pioneering aircraft of Naval shipboard aviation. The Pup was one of the first aircraft to successfully take off and land on a ship at sea, one of the first aircraft to experiment with "arresting gear" for shipboard landings, and also one of the first aircraft to actually engage in aerial combat after being launched from a ship at sea. However, you should realize the real key to the Pup's success was its outstanding flight characteristics.
The Award Winning model is exact scale in every detail. Rib spacing, tail size, shape, and everything about the model is as accurate as can be made. Nothing has been added or taken away. The model is easily taken apart for transportation and only about 10 minutes are required for field assembly and less for take down.
- Laser Cut
- Full sized Rolled Plans
- Extensive Hardware Package
- Scale Flying Wires
- Separate Plug-In Wing Panels
- Pre Bent Wire Landing Gear
- Pre Bent Wire Cabane Struts
- Aluminum Cowl
- Scale Functional Landing Gear
- Scale Functional Tail Skid
- Updated Manual with over 400 Detailed Photos
- Center of Gravity: 8-1/8 inches back from the leading edge of the Top Wing.Wing Span: 108 in
- Wing Area: 4428 sq in
- Wing Loading: 15 - 18 oz/sq ft
- Flying Weight: 29 - 34 lbs
- Fuselage Length: 77 in
- Height: 36 in
- Recommended Engine Size: 45 - 70cc Gasoline
- Cowl Diameter: 13-1/2 in
- Our shipping times are typically 24-48hrs from ordering during normal business hours.
- We use a Courier and Australia post as our agents. Please allow typical delivery times for your area.
- International shipping is priced per country, please check your cart before ordering.
- We are unable to ship Dangerous goods overseas.
- We are also limited by length of some parcels. Anything over 1.05m will need a specialist courier quote which we can provide.
- When adding items to your cart you can get a quote for shipping first before commiting to the order.